MAXIME Marin gave birth to a 6.2 kilo (13 lb) baby girl at 4:43 a.m. last Wednesday at the Hospital Marina Salud in Denia.
Although babies of this size are often delivered through a caesarean section operation, the 40-year-old British woman gave birth naturally.
She did not even need an epidural, a painkiller often used by mothers in labor.
The mother of four is in good health, as is the baby, who she named Maria Lorena Marin.
Hospital officials say this is the heaviest baby ever born naturally in Spain.
- Goya museum in trouble - 13 Aug, 2013 @ 10:00
- Kids’ cardiac threat - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 10:08
- Football match abandoned at World Police and Fire Games - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 10:52
- The last of the Spanish Nazis - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 10:03
- Buena Vista baile - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:02
- Sotogrande celebrates half a century - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 15:16
- Staying safe on Spain’s roads - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 12:10
- Snoop Dogg rolls in - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 09:17
- British woman gives birth to biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 14:57
- Keira Knightly takes Spanish vacation - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:34