LOWER tolls have driven the A-46, which connects Puerto de Las Pedrizas and the new western ring road in Malaga, to profitability.
The road, which runs through Peurto de Las Pedrizas down to Malaga, was built to divert traffic from the freeway. It shortens the journey to the Costa del Sol by around 8km.
The AP-7, however, has seen a drop in traffic volumes due in large part to the high cost of using the road. Traffic on the Malaga-Guardiaro route has fallen 3 percent over the past 12 months as budget-conscious drivers opt for the A7.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40