Police have arrested a university student who allegedly stole the online identity of a classmate to cheat in an exam.
The Malaga University student, 26, is thought to have taken five different exams – which were internet-based – under a false identity.
Police were called in December after the former roommate of the accused complained of being unable to access their internet portal.
Investigators then traced the suspected student to her former home in Estepona, where she is thought to have accessed the site fraudulently.
The University has pledged to tighten security around access to its web portals.
The student has been detained on charges relating to identity theft.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40