POLICE have arrested a suspected paedophile in Jaén after a thief handed over a collection of videos he stole from his house.
Three video tapes featuring sexual acts with children around the age of ten were handed over by the burglar, according to the Interior Ministry.
The burglar called 091 from a public telephone to tell police that he had left the video evidence underneath a car together with an anonymous note giving the alleged paedophile’s address.
The suspect works as a trainer for a five-a-side football team, giving him easy access to young children.
“I have had the misfortune to come into possession of these tapes and feel obliged to hand them over and let you do your job, so that you can lock this… up for life”, said the burglar in his declaration.
So far four victims of sexual abuse have been identified, including a 16-year-old girl who has been subjected to the abuse since the age of ten.
Investigators managed to identify the author of the video tapes and, after searching his home and the football club where he worked, arrested him.
The suspect had reported the burglary to the police nine days earlier, saying that thieves had broken in through a window in the property.
He reported the theft of various small electrical items, but didn’t mention either the video camera or the video tapes the police later recovered.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40