THE publishers of Euro Weekly News believe they have been the victims of a ‘campaign of terror’ at the hands of a local journalist.
A sobbing Michel Euesden told an Almeria court how Lenox Napier had defamed her and her husband, calling her a ‘puta’ (whore) and the couple ‘a**holes’ in a series of online articles.
Her husband Steven, who gave evidence with the help of a translator, also accused Napier of defrauding them to the tune of 53 million pesetas (approximately 320,000 euros).
The couple, originally from Manchester but resident on the Costa del Sol for many years, are suing Napier on two counts, one of ‘defrauding’ them, and one of defamation.
The two sides are at war over the ownership of The Entertainer brand, the newspaper which preceded the Euro Weekly News and was founded by Napier.
Napier, who lives in Mojácar, is facing two years in prison over the claims.
The journalist insists it is entirely untrue.
In dramatic scenes a journalist from Costa Almeria News was barred from reporting on the trial.
Richard Torne has now filed an official complaint against the Judge at Penal Court No4 in Almeria.
He said “It is incredible that a judge can do this. It makes me very angry.”
After the trial Michel Euesden said of Napier: “The mark (brand) was not his to sell to us. But he took all of our money.”
More to follow…
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25