THE publishers of Euro Weekly News believe they have been the victims of a ‘campaign of terror’ at the hands of a local journalist.
A sobbing Michel Euesden told an Almeria court how Lenox Napier had defamed her and her husband, calling her a ‘puta’ (whore) and the couple ‘a**holes’ in a series of online articles.
Her husband Steven, who gave evidence with the help of a translator, also accused Napier of defrauding them to the tune of 53 million pesetas (approximately 320,000 euros).
The couple, originally from Manchester but resident on the Costa del Sol for many years, are suing Napier on two counts, one of ‘defrauding’ them, and one of defamation.
The two sides are at war over the ownership of The Entertainer brand, the newspaper which preceded the Euro Weekly News and was founded by Napier.
Napier, who lives in Mojácar, is facing two years in prison over the claims.
The journalist insists it is entirely untrue.
In dramatic scenes a journalist from Costa Almeria News was barred from reporting on the trial.
Richard Torne has now filed an official complaint against the Judge at Penal Court No4 in Almeria.
He said “It is incredible that a judge can do this. It makes me very angry.”
After the trial Michel Euesden said of Napier: “The mark (brand) was not his to sell to us. But he took all of our money.”
More to follow…
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER! :Expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections – in which FINALLY foreigners count - 24 May, 2019 @ 01:45
- Travelling to Madrid for the Champions League Final? How to Stay Safe in the Capital - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:24
- Why is Customer Service Training Important to a Business - 21 May, 2019 @ 16:38
- Is La Liga in Danger of Irrelevance? - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:21
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- JOBS: Marbella’s Starlite Festival looking for 400 workers this summer, find out how to apply here - 14 May, 2019 @ 13:00
- WATCH: Car goes up in flames in Estepona - 13 May, 2019 @ 16:57
- How the British approach to gambling could benefit Spain - 13 May, 2019 @ 14:17
- ABSOLUTE MELTER: Heatwave hits Spain’s Andalucia as temperatures soar to 35C - 11 May, 2019 @ 18:19