POLICE in Gibraltar have arrested two journalists for raising a Spanish flag in the British territory.
The journalists, from Spanish television channel Telemadrid, were arrested yesterday for a suspected breach of the peace.
A police spokesperson said the television crew raised the flag while filming, which annoyed locals.
Telemadrid identified the journalists as Cake Minuesa, the presenter of its current affairs show Citizen Cake, and a cameraman.
The show’s producer, Jose Luis Leon, said in a broadcast on the channel late yesterday evening: “While they were filming a group of people, they started insulting them. The police arrive and then the journalists were detained.”
He added: “It seems the intention is to accuse them of a breach of public order for placing a flag on a public beach in Gibraltar.”
The journalists were later released on bail.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05