THEY had only been in Spain a couple of months, when Bryan McCavitt and Claire Cockrill bought a small flagging TV satellite business that needed some urgent investment.
With their skills in TV installation and marketing (Claire worked for leading London PR company Hill & Knowlton), they had soon stabilised the business and started to expand along the coast.
“We initially worked out of a bashed up old van and our home in Calahonda, before opening a small shop in Las Chapas,” recalls Claire. “There was enough space for one small desk and a couple of dishes.”
However over the next two years TVONE expanded fast and by 2008 it counted on five full time staff and a brand new high profile office in Puerto Banus.
“Our consistent attention to detail and great customer service led to our clients wanting much more from us – in a good way – and so our TV /Audio Video showroom was born.
“Some saw the move as risky just as the recession was beginning to bite, but we were getting so many requests for installations, TV and audio and we knew we had to expand.”
The move has paid off and today the company counts on up to 3,000 clients and a solid reputation for the greater Marbella area and further.
“Our doors are now open to anyone worried about the imminent changes to UK TV. We have solutions catered to the individual’s needs and we welcome anyone to drop in to see what’s available,” adds Claire.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44