GERMAN chancellor Angela Merkel has followed in the steps of thousands of pilgrims and walked along a section of the Camino de Santiago.
She was accompanied by Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy for the 5km trek.
The pair will today begin talks over the state of the Spanish economy and the new European Commission in Santiago.
Rajoy, who is a regular jogger and was actually born in Santiago, has interrupted his summer break for the meeting.
While Merkel is no stranger to hiking either, as she regularly holidays in the Alps.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44