AN expat author has been making international headlines with her debut novel.
La Cala-based Julie McSorley and her son Marcus have retold the incredible tale of Australian javelin thrower Reg Spiers in Out of the Box.
After failing to qualify for the 1964 Olympics in Tokyo, the aptly-named Spiers found himself penniless and desperate to return to his homeland.
Unable to afford a plane ticket, the then 22-year-old concocted a devious scheme with rival British athlete John McSorley – the husband of Julie – to pack himself into a crate and air-freight himself back to Australia.
Featured in The Telegraph, as well as in numerous local media, the book has been receiving rave reviews worldwide.
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00