VELEZ-MALAGA Town Hall has finally announced much-needed plans to redevelop one of the key roads in Torre del Mar.
Mayor Francisco Bonilla revealed that €683,000 is being invested in levelling pavements and replacing lights, electricity and water supply along the notoriously run-down Calle Princesa.
It is part of a wider project to rejuvenate Torre del Mar as a ‘flagship tourism town’.
“Traders and businessmen have long demanded the works on Calle Princesa,” admitted a councillor.
“We are continuing our ambitious investment plan to revitalise the town during a time of economic difficulties.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44