NHS bosses in North Wales have been forced to employ 70 Spanish nurses over Skype, due to a UK-wide staffing crisis.
Applicants for positions within the Welsh NHS are so scarce that managers have resorted to interviewing potential candidates via Skype to speed up the process.
Half of the recruited Spaniards have already taken up their positions with the remaining 45 on their way.
A spokesman for the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board in Wales admitted that it was ‘struggling to recruit new recruits from within the UK’.
He added: “We need to attract qualified nurses.
“We do not require staff to learn Welsh as a condition of their employment.
“However, as a health board we do provide active support to staff who wish to learn to speak Welsh and a number of the nurses from Spain have expressed an interest in and have commenced learning the language.”
The news comes as new figures revealed A&E waiting times have reached their lowest levels in England in a decade.
Just 92.6% of patients were seen within the four-hour time limit set by the UK health minister Jeremy Hunt in 2014.
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25