MALAGA’S most famous actor Antonio Banderas wants to escape Hollywood for a more ‘authentic life’ in Europe.
The Spanish star, who will shortly play Pablo Picasso in 33 Dias, admitted that he is ‘not comfortable’ living in Los Angeles.
“I have to get my daughter out of Hollywood because this place is not real,” he said. “Hollywood is not a place anymore, it has become a brand.”
“In Europe you can walk the streets and you don’t know who’s rich and who’s not. In Los Angeles, it is all about what you have.
“Los Angeles is beautiful, but I don’t understand it. It is a quintessentially American city and I am very European. I need sidewalks. Everywhere you go in America, you need a car. I don’t want to have a car.”
Banderas was speaking ahead of the new Spongebob Squarepants movie where he voices a pirate.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36