OLIVE oil started out as part of the staple diet of the poor in Andalucia and was made at home.
Now it has been turned into a luxury item with Marbella, predictably perhaps, creating the world’s most exclusive olive oil.
Costing 170 euros a bottle, Olivia Marbella, has released just 75 bottles onto the market.
And sales are already taking off.
The bottles are Swarovski crystal and hand finished with individual numbers for maximum exclusivity – just like the buyers.
The fruit of the top quality Picual trees is hand-picked rather than being beaten off the branches as is usual.
Cold-pressed on site so no second class olives can get near it, it has a minimum acidity of between 0.1º and 0.2º.
The particular olive grove in question belongs to a Granada millionaire and its location is a closely guarded secret.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23