CUSTOMERS in Spain are paying around a third less than Britain to download music, films and video games online.
But they pay even less in America, where popular music and film streaming services such as Netflix and Spotify are cheaper as well.
This is despite there being no associated costs such as distribution or delivery with online download purchases.
However, both Netflix (tv series and film streaming service launching in Spain in October) and Spotify (music streaming service) are still more expensive in the UK than Spain.
An Olive Press investigation found the biggest download price difference was for video game Assassin’s Creed IV: Black flag, which costs €29.99 to download from the Sony Playstation website in Spain, a whopping €61.15 in Britain and just €28.52 in the USA (when converted into euros).
Meanwhile, the costs of downloads from Apple’s iTunes and Google’s Playstore again favour Americans. For example, the cost to download the film American Sniper from iTunes is €13.99 in Spain, compared to €19 in Britain and a mere €11.47 for our transatlantic cousins.
This comes after it emerged British users of Amazon Prime pay up to €80 more for the service than their European counterparts.
After a free 30-day trial of the one-day delivery service, customers are charged €107 a year to continue. But the same service costs just €15 in Spain, for once outdoing the USA, where it costs €88.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44