EVA Carneiro is set to be axed from Chelsea’s matchday bench, following a fallout with manager Jose Mourinho.
Mourinho was furious with the first-team doctor after she treated Eden Hazard for a minor injury during their opening day draw against Swansea.
It meant the Blues were temporarily down to nine men as Hazard had to leave the field following treatment and Thibaut Courtois had already been sent off.
The Portuguese manager publicly dressed down Carneiro’s decision, implying the Gibraltarian ‘did not understand football’.
It is understood that she will remain as the club’s doctor but will no longer be pitchside for matchdays.
Many corners have labelled Mourinho’s comments as ‘harsh’ and Carneiro said she was ‘overwhelmed’ by the public support.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36