A MOB of angry French farmers have ambushed a Spanish truck and destroyed 18,000 kilos of fruit and vegetables.
Around 120 farmers and tractor drivers protesting against low market prices attacked the lorry near the southern French town of Aries.
The driver, who was travelling from Murcia towards Austria, was reportedly threatened before half his load was emptied onto the road and burnt.
The remaining fruit and vegetables were sprayed with a fire extinguisher to ensure they were inedible.
Condemning the incident, Spanish farm union the UPA urged French authorities to deal once and for all with ‘these criminal actions’.
The attack came as thousands of Spanish agricultural workers marched in Almeria to demand ‘fair and reasonable’ market prices.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00