IT might not have the glitz and glamour of a Hollywood ceremony but, for one Spanish farmer, claiming the top prize at an international cured meats awards was ‘better than winning an Oscar’.
Spanish pig farmer Eduardo Donato from Huelva won the annual Biofach award for his pricey product.
Costing €4,100 a leg, Donato’s ham is officially the most expensive in the world, and made from the rare Manchado de Jabugo pig,.
Donato, who started farming the breed 25 years ago, is credited with saving the species from the brink of extinction.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00