AN illegal medical practice in Cadiz has been shut down by the Guardia Civil.
Operation ‘PHARMAKIS’ saw eight people arrested, including doctors, a pharmacist and the directors.
The group is accused of falsifying documents and defrauding the Andalucian Health Services in a bid to illegally remove thousands of drugs.
Doctors at the inadequate practice allegedly added lists of medications to the social security documents of patients who later failed to turn up for appointments.
Alarm bells rang when three ‘patients’ ordered drugs to be sent to the pharmacy that were worth €20,000, despite the fact they did not live near the centre and that their age and conditions would have made it highly improbable that they could collect the medication.
A sweep of the proprietor’s home uncovered the health cards of 210 people, some of whom are now dead, while the practice had no hand-washing, sterilisation or removal of hazardous waste facilities.
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31