AN illegal medical practice in Cadiz has been shut down by the Guardia Civil.
Operation ‘PHARMAKIS’ saw eight people arrested, including doctors, a pharmacist and the directors.
The group is accused of falsifying documents and defrauding the Andalucian Health Services in a bid to illegally remove thousands of drugs.
Doctors at the inadequate practice allegedly added lists of medications to the social security documents of patients who later failed to turn up for appointments.
Alarm bells rang when three ‘patients’ ordered drugs to be sent to the pharmacy that were worth €20,000, despite the fact they did not live near the centre and that their age and conditions would have made it highly improbable that they could collect the medication.
A sweep of the proprietor’s home uncovered the health cards of 210 people, some of whom are now dead, while the practice had no hand-washing, sterilisation or removal of hazardous waste facilities.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14