AN illegal medical practice in Cadiz has been shut down by the Guardia Civil.
Operation ‘PHARMAKIS’ saw eight people arrested, including doctors, a pharmacist and the directors.
The group is accused of falsifying documents and defrauding the Andalucian Health Services in a bid to illegally remove thousands of drugs.
Doctors at the inadequate practice allegedly added lists of medications to the social security documents of patients who later failed to turn up for appointments.
Alarm bells rang when three ‘patients’ ordered drugs to be sent to the pharmacy that were worth €20,000, despite the fact they did not live near the centre and that their age and conditions would have made it highly improbable that they could collect the medication.
A sweep of the proprietor’s home uncovered the health cards of 210 people, some of whom are now dead, while the practice had no hand-washing, sterilisation or removal of hazardous waste facilities.
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35