FOUR terror suspects have been arrested in Madrid following intelligence from British spies in Gibraltar.
The gang was rumbled after security services on the Rock saw thousands of propaganda messages.
The group was using internet chat rooms and messaging apps to recruit Islamic radicals to carry out deadly attacks along the costas this summer.
Intelligence chiefs were concerned the gang had already gained a following of ‘hundreds of people’.
Three of four men arrested in raids in Ciempzuelos and Pinto in Madrid were of Moroccan descent while one was Spanish – all four remain remain in custody.
The 40-year-old Spaniard is a director of Lee Hecht Harrison-Spain, a subsidiary of human resources firm Adecco.
Investigators are concerned that the cell may have used the company’s database to make contact with thousands of muslims.
It is the second time in two weeks that Gibraltar GCHQ’s intelligence has led to ISIS related arrests.
Previously, the GCHQ listening post on the Rock picked up intel from North Africa and the eastern Mediterranean.
The intelligence raised fears of high scale attacks along Spain’s Costas, and another Moroccan suspect was arrested in Majorca.
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52