THE former swimwear model accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in Estepona broke down in court as she vehemently denied the charges.
Mayka Marica Kukucova, is accused of shooting her British born jeweller ex Andrew Bush at his Estepona home in April 2014.
Prosecutors are seeking a 20-year-sentence, arguing that she shot him three times in a jealous rage when he arrived home with his new Russian girlfriend, Maria Korotaeva, only a few months after they had split.
Kukucova´s defence inisist she was acting in self defence, claiming he accosted her with the gun, and that it went off during the ensuing struggle.
“I didn’t want to cause him any harm,” Kukucova said, sniffling and holding back tears.
“The gun just went off. I just wanted to break free from his grasp.”
New girlfriend at the time Ms Korotaeva alleges she was hiding in Mr Bush´s Hummer car while the altercation unfolded, and that after the gunshots were fired, Slovakian Kukucova forced her out of the vehicle so she could make her escape.
She described her as ´crazy´ with jealousy.
Gold dealer Bush, aka Mr Bling of Marbella, was found dead in a pool of blood at his five-bedroom villa in the early hours of the next morning.
Kukucova has been held in Spanish jail since she was detained in Slovakia following the shooting.
Local prosecutor Jose Antonio Nieblas said in a report submitted to the judge before the trial: “The accused, moved by the unmistakable desire to end Andrew Bush’s life and at a certain point in a row they were having, made a sudden and unexpected use of the .38 special-model Amadeo Rossi revolver that she was carrying.
“She shot Andrew Bush three times, the first shot hitting him in the arm and the other two in the head.
“Andrew Bush had no chance to react or defend himself against the unexpected and unpredictable attack which caused his death.
“In an attempt to procure her impunity, the accused placed the revolver in the dead man’s left hand, took the keys to his Hummer and left the house making sure she closed the doors and impeded immediate access from outside.
“Following that she fled in the vehicle after a heated argument with Maria Korotaeva.”
The trial at the Ciudad de la Justicia in Malaga continues.
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25