HAVING run his own food distribution company in Italy, he knows a few things about ingredients.
Aside from regularly importing the best cuts of meat and cheese from his mother country, he also has an amazing line of fresh produce, including delicious Vesuvio tomatoes from near Naples.
But Tarifa restaurateur Luciano Fabricio, 44, is now branching out into more creative ways of cooking.
After undertaking a course with Spanish masterchef Joan Roca, he has just introduced a ‘bano thermostat’ oven at his main restaurant Trattoria, where he is able to slow cook a leg of lamb or duck breast for up to 24 hours at a super low temperature.
“It leaves the meat far more tender and better quality,” he explains. “We are also doing a fabulous tender squid dish and I plan to introduce a lot more over the coming months.”
Brought up between Jordan and Nigeria, his father being an engineer, he has a worldly take on life and, thanks to an economics degree, is more than capable of running restaurants.
“Above all though, I believe in quality, which usually wins out in the end,” he explains.
He ended up in Tarifa, where he met his Spanish wife, while taking a break from his Milan-based food distribution company 15 years ago. “I just fell in love with her and the place and couldn’t bear to go back,” he explains.
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48