SPAIN has stepped up security on its border with France after the Nice terrorist attack which killed 84 people last night.
Acting Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said during a televised address this morning: “We feel the pain as our own, we want to express our solidarity to our French neighbours and friends, we are at your side.”
He called Friday “a day of deep sorrow for all those who have lost their life and their liberty” in the Bastille Day attack.
He vowed to “work together with our partners and allies to end this criminal madness.”
There are no reports of Spanish victims, but Spain will fly official flags at half mast today government buildings will hold a minute’s silence at midday.
They will also hold an emergency terror threat meeting today to assess the risks to Spain following the attack, which saw a driver plough his truck through huge crowds that had gathered to watch the fireworks on Bastille Day.
There are reports that the driver was of Tunisian descent and that he shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ as he drove in zig-zags through the crowds.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22