PERCHED on a rocky outcrop, looking down on an idyllic beach, few places feel as privileged as Hotel Milla de Plata.
The domain of Cristobal Rodriguez, the hotel cascades down various levels to the rocky cove below, with billowing-curtain day beds placed at strategic spots.
This is classic Grand Cru Andaluz and even better, the hotel counts on a fabulous restaurant Mar Sana with views to die for and food that easily matches.
The charming terrace is one of THE places to dine on hot summer evenings.
With its varied menu and decent wine list, it attracts the key movers and shakers from Sotogrande and further afield.
They are drawn to its fresh fish and special tuna menu, that has half a dozen ways of eating the celebrated blue fin tuna, well known in the province of Cadiz.
The tuna tartare was in particular delicious, and a very generous portion, coming in with three portions on a bed of lettuce.
The pulpo a la gallega was also a sure fire hit
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00