RUGBY teams from across Spain went head-to-head at the annual Torneo Villa de Puerto Real.
Taking place in the Cadiz seaside town of Puerto Real, local side the Watermelons hosted 10 teams including Ronda’s Los Bandoleros as well as Rugbeers from Cadiz and Sevilla, Hienas of Huelva, Madrid side the Politicians and Sevilla outfit Mercanarios.
The Madrid side run out overall winners, beating the Mercanarios in the final with the homeside beating Ronda’s Los Bandoleros in the third/ fourth playoff.
Tournament sponsor Dawn Hutchinson of ArayoWeb said the tournament was a resounding success.
“The beach rugby was a truly memorable occasion,” she said. “Thanks again to the Watermelons and the Ayuntamiento of Puerto Real for organising such a fun and professional event, which was also streamed live on YouTube for those who want to watch it.”
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02