RUGBY teams from across Spain went head-to-head at the annual Torneo Villa de Puerto Real.
Taking place in the Cadiz seaside town of Puerto Real, local side the Watermelons hosted 10 teams including Ronda’s Los Bandoleros as well as Rugbeers from Cadiz and Sevilla, Hienas of Huelva, Madrid side the Politicians and Sevilla outfit Mercanarios.
The Madrid side run out overall winners, beating the Mercanarios in the final with the homeside beating Ronda’s Los Bandoleros in the third/ fourth playoff.
Tournament sponsor Dawn Hutchinson of ArayoWeb said the tournament was a resounding success.
“The beach rugby was a truly memorable occasion,” she said. “Thanks again to the Watermelons and the Ayuntamiento of Puerto Real for organising such a fun and professional event, which was also streamed live on YouTube for those who want to watch it.”
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00