RUGBY teams from across Spain went head-to-head at the annual Torneo Villa de Puerto Real.
Taking place in the Cadiz seaside town of Puerto Real, local side the Watermelons hosted 10 teams including Ronda’s Los Bandoleros as well as Rugbeers from Cadiz and Sevilla, Hienas of Huelva, Madrid side the Politicians and Sevilla outfit Mercanarios.
The Madrid side run out overall winners, beating the Mercanarios in the final with the homeside beating Ronda’s Los Bandoleros in the third/ fourth playoff.
Tournament sponsor Dawn Hutchinson of ArayoWeb said the tournament was a resounding success.
“The beach rugby was a truly memorable occasion,” she said. “Thanks again to the Watermelons and the Ayuntamiento of Puerto Real for organising such a fun and professional event, which was also streamed live on YouTube for those who want to watch it.”
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- POLE POSITION: Property market expanding in Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38
- BREXIT: Everything British expats in Spain need to know - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 17:25
- Top 5 Travel Apps to Use in 2019 - 12 Feb, 2019 @ 09:14