SPANISH police have rescued a group of girls as young as 16 from a prostitution ring that forced them to earn at least €1,000 a day.
Some 21 victims, all Nigerian, had been lured to Spain with promises of jobs, but were instead forced to work 14 hours a day on the party island of Ibiza.
A police spokesman said: “If they didn’t earn 1,000 euros a day, they would be forced to kneel for hours and beaten with sticks and brooms.”
Leaders of the ring warned them that their families would be killed if they did not cooperate.
17 of the women had been kept in one small apartment with four girls to a bed.
The video shows the distressed victims sitting with their heads between their knees while police search the premises, uncovering thousands of euros.
An operation carried out by the Spanish police and the Office of Criminal Investigation in Germany and Europol led to the arrest of 24 suspects, including two women ringleaders.
The women, who had been smuggled into Europe on boats and planes, were told they would have to buy their freedom by earning €57,000 for the ring’s leaders.
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52