SPANISH police have rescued a group of girls as young as 16 from a prostitution ring that forced them to earn at least €1,000 a day.
Some 21 victims, all Nigerian, had been lured to Spain with promises of jobs, but were instead forced to work 14 hours a day on the party island of Ibiza.
A police spokesman said: “If they didn’t earn 1,000 euros a day, they would be forced to kneel for hours and beaten with sticks and brooms.”
Leaders of the ring warned them that their families would be killed if they did not cooperate.
17 of the women had been kept in one small apartment with four girls to a bed.
The video shows the distressed victims sitting with their heads between their knees while police search the premises, uncovering thousands of euros.
An operation carried out by the Spanish police and the Office of Criminal Investigation in Germany and Europol led to the arrest of 24 suspects, including two women ringleaders.
The women, who had been smuggled into Europe on boats and planes, were told they would have to buy their freedom by earning €57,000 for the ring’s leaders.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27