A LEADING Spanish chef who trained under Gordon Ramsay and Ferran Adria insists it is his mother who must take the biscuit.
Omar Allibhoy, 32, insisted he learnt more from her as he launched his latest cookbook, Spanish Made Simple, in London.
He said: “I learned more from my mum than any of the top chefs that I have been lucky enough to work under.
“She is my inspiration in the kitchen, she taught me from the age of three when I started mixing eggs or doing whatever she needed help with, and I loved it.
“She helped me develop my incredible passion for cooking and she is the reason I am the chef I am today.”
Allibhoy was a prodigy of world-renowned Adria at Spain’s elBulli, which was ranked as the number one restaurant in the world several times.
The Madrid-born restaurateur, dubbed the ‘Antonio Banderas of cooking’, trained with Gordon Ramsay in 2008.
The founder of Tapas Revolution, in London, claims his new cookbook aims to capture the authentic taste of Spain.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31