A NEW €300 million luxury hotel is coming to Marbella.
Hong Kong-based Platinum Estates has announced it will construct the 600-bed complex – the biggest ever in Marbella – near the Real Zaragoza dunes
It is expected to be open year-round from summer 2019 and is penned to create 1,000 stable jobs.
Spanning over 151,000 square metres, the firm acquired the land for €50 million last year and has reached an agreement with the town hall to develop it.
The terms state that the buildings can be no taller than four storeys high and the surrounding areas must include gardens and roads.
The area is described as one of the coast’s most important ecological zones, with the preservation of the dunes a crucial part of the project.
The developers are collaborating with the Pro-Dunas organisation, which won the Andalucian Environment Prize in 2012 and has played a key role in Marbella’s dunes being declared an ecological reserve.
It is not yet known which hotel chain will bag the coveted contract, but building works will begin next summer.
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40