A NEW €300 million luxury hotel is coming to Marbella.
Hong Kong-based Platinum Estates has announced it will construct the 600-bed complex – the biggest ever in Marbella – near the Real Zaragoza dunes
It is expected to be open year-round from summer 2019 and is penned to create 1,000 stable jobs.
Spanning over 151,000 square metres, the firm acquired the land for €50 million last year and has reached an agreement with the town hall to develop it.
The terms state that the buildings can be no taller than four storeys high and the surrounding areas must include gardens and roads.
The area is described as one of the coast’s most important ecological zones, with the preservation of the dunes a crucial part of the project.
The developers are collaborating with the Pro-Dunas organisation, which won the Andalucian Environment Prize in 2012 and has played a key role in Marbella’s dunes being declared an ecological reserve.
It is not yet known which hotel chain will bag the coveted contract, but building works will begin next summer.
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58