A VICTIM of paedophile Barry Bennell has spoken out about a ‘chilling’ trip to Spain where Crewe Alexandra youth players were sexually abused.
In a TV interview alongside other victims, Andy Woodward revealed that Bennell abused a different boy each night during a week-long trip to Gran Canaria.
Woodward said that seven boys were taken on the trip that ‘makes Saville look like a choirboy’. He said: “There were seven of us who went, for seven days and he had one every night.”
Since Woodward come out against Bennell, more than 20 more victims have contacted the police about their own abuse.
Waiving their right to anonymity, England internationals David White and Paul Stewart are among the victims to speak out.
The abuse is said to have taken place when the young men, aged between nine and 14, were training with the club’s youth team.
One victim, Jason Dunford revealed that if a young player refused to go to bed with Bennell then he would be dropped from the team.
The 44-year-old said he was ‘frozen out’ of the team after telling his abuser to “f*** off”.
He said: “I told him where to go, I confronted him. I’ll never forget the deathly stare he gave me.
“After that, Bennell began to torment me – dropping me from the team, telling me I would play, but on the Sunday dropping me again.”
The NSPCC has now set up a special hotline for victims.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36