A BRITISH OAP has died after crashing his car into a lamppost on the Costa del Sol.
Pronounced dead at the scene, 71-year-old expat George Brooks crashed as he left Malaga’s Materno-Infantil Hospital.
Believed to have passed out at the wheel, Brooks was heading towards his hometown of Nerja when he careered off the road crashing into a lamppost.
Remarkably, no-one was injured despite Brooks driving across four lanes of traffic.
Firefighters pulled him from the car, however paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene after attempting to revive him.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36