PARENTS of a one-year-old are being investigated after the baby swallowed cannabis.
The parents, both Spaniards in their twenties, took the child to the Quiron hospital in January, concerned that she seemed unusually sleepy.
It was only after other tests had proved negative that the father mentioned that he had been smoking cannabis while looking after his daughter.
A test showed that the baby had the drug present in her bloodstream.
Doctors think she could have swallowed the remains of a joint that was accidentally left within her reach.
The baby was treated and quickly returned to normal.
- Green gold: Discovering the origins of avocados - 29 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Spain slammed by European Commission for inequality levels - 9 Mar, 2017 @ 14:30
- International Women’s Day: Women’s rights in Spain - 8 Mar, 2017 @ 09:00
- Marbella Town Hall creates 500 temporary jobs in bid to cut unemployment - 7 Mar, 2017 @ 14:50
- Malaga scientists in finals of Google contest to grow seeds on the moon - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 19:00
- 1000km/h ‘flying’ train designed by Valencia students - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 15:10
- Which animals are most at risk of extinction in Spain? - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 21:00
- Read the TripAdvisor reviews of 12 tourists who were not impressed by Andalucia - 4 Mar, 2017 @ 11:00
- Gay traffic lights introduced in Cadiz town - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Virtually all fossil fuel in Spain imported from abroad - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 17:00