SPECSAVERS is collecting food donations for the Costa del Sol food bank Bancosol.
Food can be donated at Specsavers branches in Marbella and Fuengirola.
The campaign will run until February 28, when the food will be handed over to Bancosol.
The opticians are asking for donations of non-perishable food.
In particular Bancosol is in need of oil, tinned fish, preserved meat and canned soups or stews.
Bancosol has been operating on the Costa del Sol for nearly 20 years. In 2016 the organisation distributed six million kilos of food to 50,000 people in Malaga province.
- Green gold: Discovering the origins of avocados - 29 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Spain slammed by European Commission for inequality levels - 9 Mar, 2017 @ 14:30
- International Women’s Day: Women’s rights in Spain - 8 Mar, 2017 @ 09:00
- Marbella Town Hall creates 500 temporary jobs in bid to cut unemployment - 7 Mar, 2017 @ 14:50
- Malaga scientists in finals of Google contest to grow seeds on the moon - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 19:00
- 1000km/h ‘flying’ train designed by Valencia students - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 15:10
- Which animals are most at risk of extinction in Spain? - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 21:00
- Read the TripAdvisor reviews of 12 tourists who were not impressed by Andalucia - 4 Mar, 2017 @ 11:00
- Gay traffic lights introduced in Cadiz town - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Virtually all fossil fuel in Spain imported from abroad - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 17:00