A FAKE car factory turning old bangers into Ferraris and Lamborghinis has been rumbled by Spanish cops.
The gang were turning second-hand Toyotas, Fords and Peugeots into ‘top-of-the-range’ cars in a Girona sweatshop.
Counterfeit Ferrari and Lamborghini body kits, signs and fittings were bolted onto the clapped-out cars to dupe buyers before being advertised online for up to €41,000.
During a raid, police uncovered four ‘completed’ cars with 14 more on the production line.
Three people have been arrested.
- Green gold: Discovering the origins of avocados - 29 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Spain slammed by European Commission for inequality levels - 9 Mar, 2017 @ 14:30
- International Women’s Day: Women’s rights in Spain - 8 Mar, 2017 @ 09:00
- Marbella Town Hall creates 500 temporary jobs in bid to cut unemployment - 7 Mar, 2017 @ 14:50
- Malaga scientists in finals of Google contest to grow seeds on the moon - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 19:00
- 1000km/h ‘flying’ train designed by Valencia students - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 15:10
- Which animals are most at risk of extinction in Spain? - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 21:00
- Read the TripAdvisor reviews of 12 tourists who were not impressed by Andalucia - 4 Mar, 2017 @ 11:00
- Gay traffic lights introduced in Cadiz town - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Virtually all fossil fuel in Spain imported from abroad - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 17:00