NICK Clegg’s Spanish wife has let rip over a letter addressing her as ‘Mrs Clegg’.
Miriam Gonzalez Durantez criticised the letter for not using her own name, which she said was ‘ironic’ as it was an invitation to an International Women’s Day event.
The 50-year-old lawyer from Valladolid is married to Britain’s former Deputy Prime Minister and Liberal Democrat politician Nick Clegg.
She is an active campaigner for women’s rights, and set up the Inspiring Women group, which recruits women with successful careers to speak to girls at state schools in the UK.
- Green gold: Discovering the origins of avocados - 29 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Spain slammed by European Commission for inequality levels - 9 Mar, 2017 @ 14:30
- International Women’s Day: Women’s rights in Spain - 8 Mar, 2017 @ 09:00
- Marbella Town Hall creates 500 temporary jobs in bid to cut unemployment - 7 Mar, 2017 @ 14:50
- Malaga scientists in finals of Google contest to grow seeds on the moon - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 19:00
- 1000km/h ‘flying’ train designed by Valencia students - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 15:10
- Which animals are most at risk of extinction in Spain? - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 21:00
- Read the TripAdvisor reviews of 12 tourists who were not impressed by Andalucia - 4 Mar, 2017 @ 11:00
- Gay traffic lights introduced in Cadiz town - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Virtually all fossil fuel in Spain imported from abroad - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 17:00