CLOCKS will go forward by one hour at 1:00am on Sunday March 26.
Once it is complete, we will be back in Summer Time, and the days will stay brighter for longer.
A man called William Willett first suggested daylight savings time to avoid time being wasted in the mornings.
We now change our clocks every March and October.
Willett happens to be Coldplay frontman Chris Martin’s great-great-grandfather, and came up with the bright idea of British Summer Time back in 1907.
He spent decades trying to convince people to get out of bed an hour earlier in the spring to make the most of the brighter mornings, but he died just before it was brought in in 1916.
It was during the First World War at the time, and it was thought the change might help the war effort and improve the economy, and save fuel.
Germany first introduced the scheme on April 30 1916 in order to save fuel and give people more time to work in the fields and the UK followed suit soon after before it was universally adopted.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19