The 12% increase on 2015 saw the Galicia-based company’s profits climb to €3.1 billion.
More than 50% of the sales came from Zara, just one of the giant’s many clothing brands, which include Pull&Bear, Massimo Dutti and Stradivarius.
Reporting on the annual results in March, the company’s chairman and CEO Pablo Isla thanked the group’s 160,000 employees based across 93 countries.
It was also revealed that Inditex founder Amancio Ortega, the second richest man in the world, made off with a €1.3 billion dividend thanks to the booster year.
The group’s most popular outlet – Zara – is now preparing to open its biggest store in the world.
Based in Madrid, the huge 6,000 square metre shop will open to the public on April 7.
Inditex opened 279 stores around the world in 2016, bringing its total to 7,292.
It is thought to be the most successful fashion retail company on the planet, with many praising its business model, which sees it refresh its stock with the latest runway fashions every few weeks.
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37