The 12% increase on 2015 saw the Galicia-based company’s profits climb to €3.1 billion.
More than 50% of the sales came from Zara, just one of the giant’s many clothing brands, which include Pull&Bear, Massimo Dutti and Stradivarius.
Reporting on the annual results in March, the company’s chairman and CEO Pablo Isla thanked the group’s 160,000 employees based across 93 countries.
It was also revealed that Inditex founder Amancio Ortega, the second richest man in the world, made off with a €1.3 billion dividend thanks to the booster year.
The group’s most popular outlet – Zara – is now preparing to open its biggest store in the world.
Based in Madrid, the huge 6,000 square metre shop will open to the public on April 7.
Inditex opened 279 stores around the world in 2016, bringing its total to 7,292.
It is thought to be the most successful fashion retail company on the planet, with many praising its business model, which sees it refresh its stock with the latest runway fashions every few weeks.
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- FLAG-RANT: Fabian Picardo steps in after American cruise ship infuriates Gibraltar with ‘Welcome to Gibraltor’ message printed on Spanish flag - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:09
- WATCH: Dramatic rescue after two ‘narco boats’ collide off Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 May, 2019 @ 15:29
- Mystery as expat and two Lithuanians found in busted van carrying €1 MILLION CASH en route to Malaga – but NONE of them claim ownership - 15 May, 2019 @ 12:31
- ‘SOMEONE MUST KNOW’: Grandmother of missing British lad who vanished with his father from Spain’s Costa del Sol makes heartfelt appeal - 15 May, 2019 @ 10:45
- BAD FELLAS: Prison guard and 43 others arrested after Cadiz gang teams up with Italian mafia to free cannabis kingpin from Costa del Sol jail - 14 May, 2019 @ 15:54