The 12% increase on 2015 saw the Galicia-based company’s profits climb to €3.1 billion.
More than 50% of the sales came from Zara, just one of the giant’s many clothing brands, which include Pull&Bear, Massimo Dutti and Stradivarius.
Reporting on the annual results in March, the company’s chairman and CEO Pablo Isla thanked the group’s 160,000 employees based across 93 countries.
It was also revealed that Inditex founder Amancio Ortega, the second richest man in the world, made off with a €1.3 billion dividend thanks to the booster year.
The group’s most popular outlet – Zara – is now preparing to open its biggest store in the world.
Based in Madrid, the huge 6,000 square metre shop will open to the public on April 7.
Inditex opened 279 stores around the world in 2016, bringing its total to 7,292.
It is thought to be the most successful fashion retail company on the planet, with many praising its business model, which sees it refresh its stock with the latest runway fashions every few weeks.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40