THE promoter of an AC/DC concert has been fined to the tune of €15,000 after the lead singer was swapped last minute.
Cataluna-based Live Nation was stung with the hefty penalty after it refused to refund disappointed fans attending the rockers’ gig at Sevilla’s Estadio Olímpico on May 10 last year.
They had expected to hear AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson so were surprised when Guns N Roses’ Axl Rose took his place on stage unannounced.
According to Sevilla’s council, the promoter’s refusal to give out refunds infringed the Junta’s rules on tickets for shows in the region.
Consumer group Facua has welcomed the fine but said it should have been double.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09