SPAIN’S labour market continues to recover according to March statistics.
Last month, 161,752 people signed onto the social security system and 48,559 gained employment.
These kinds of March figures haven’t been seen since 2001.
Almost a third of the new jobs created were in hospitality (17,471) in preparation for the influx of tourists.
The National Statistics Institute released figures which showed the Spanish labour market created more than 400,000 jobs last year, with unemployment falling to 18.6% in the final quarter of 2016.
This is the lowest unemployment rate the country has seen in seven years.
however it’s not just Spain’s figures that are improving – Eurozone unemployment rate is at an 8-year low.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33