A SHOCKED audience watched as a man tried to divorce his wife for not having a vagina on a Spanish court show.
During the programme, Caso Cerrado (Case Closed), the man initially stated his wife’s infidelity as the reason for the divorce, claiming that she had slept with her adoptive mother on their honeymoon.
“I am here to sue this shameless tramp,” said the man, only known as Alejandro.
It was later revealed that wife Tania has Rokitansky syndrome, a congenital abnormality that leaves a woman with either a small or non-existent vagina.
Tania had surgery to try and ease discomfort, however had difficulty consummating the marriage.
It was then, she claimed, that she went to her adoptive mother for help.
Dr Madeline Hernandez said: “Women have to continually dilate themselves,” alongside therapy which means they have to “deal with a lot of pain and psychological trauma.”
After hearing both sides of the story, host Ana Maria Polo granted the divorce.
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- DON’T LEAF US THIS WAY: Brexit striking fear into hearts of ‘terrified’ farmers in Spain’s Andalucia - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- One in every seven euros into Spain’s economy comes from tourism - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00