Hundreds of music fans from around the world will descend on the city to enjoy concerts, workshops, talks and artisan guitar makers selling their wares in the atmospheric setting of Santo Domingo convent.
The event was founded by Surrey-born Lucy Stewart, 42, and her internationally renowned guitarist husband Paco Seco, 43.
They run the Ronda Guitar House, where the festival was born from their love of the genre.
“My husband is an international concert guitarist and we thought we would set up a festival so that we would get to see famous artists in Ronda,” said Lucy.
“It’s not just flamenco and classic guitar, it’s all kinds of performers from Spain, Costa Rica, Portugal, and Argentina.
“You get wonderful music from internationally renowned artists and beautiful sights of Ronda, it’s perfect.”
The event runs from June 6-10, with tickets costing €35 for the week, or €10 per performance.
They are available from the Ronda Tourist office, or at www.rondaguitarfestival.com/english/tickets/.
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29