CERTAIN activities could set you back €3,000 on the Costa del Sol’s beaches this summer as new regulations come into force from July 18.
Playing ball sports on the beach or in the sea, nudism and urinating in the sea can result in fines of up to €750.
The same hefty fine can be handed down to those found reserving a place on the beach by using a parasol, bringing any pets or littering.
‘Serious infractions’ can incur penalties between €1,500 and €3,000.
These range from fire, barbeques, fishing out of season or in prohibited areas to sailing within 200 metres of the shore and causing damage to marine flora and wildlife.
Malaga’s beaches will specifically ban loud music, parking and camping on its beaches. Swimming in areas designated for boats, and adversely sailing near areas for swimmers is also banned – that includes pedalos. Ignoring these could see you fined €300.
Breaking these rules will result in fines of up to €300
You are permitted to play ball sports as long as you are six metres away from other sunseekers.
- The Axarquia and Costa Tropical have a great selection of places to stay - 27 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- It’s really all about the location, at the stunning award-winning holiday property complex overlooking lake Vinuela - 27 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- Why the friendly team at Edwards Estates find selling in Frigiliana a breeze - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25