SPANISH artist Cinta Tort Cartró is painting over stretch marks in a bid to battle body image issues.
Inspired by her own experiences and struggles with body image, the Catalan artist, 21, aims to celebrate aspects of the female form that society deems shameful as well as tackling racism and xenophobia by painting and photographing women of different races.
“I grew up feeling sometimes out of place. I’m tall and big, so it’s important for me to state in my art that everyone is beautiful and those ‘flaws’ are not that,” she said.
“They make us unique and special.”
You can see Cartro’s artwork on her Instagram page @zinteta.
- Everything you need to know about Spain’s general election on Sunday April 28 - 26 Apr, 2019 @ 13:47
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54