A BRIT has been arrested on suspicion of biting a chunk of flesh out of a friend’s face during an argument at a campsite in southern Spain.
The alleged attack occured on Saturday night at Camping Pueblo in Murcia.
Authorities were called to the scene by a group of children who saw the 47-year-old attack his friend, 49.
The men are believed to have spent several months living with their partners in bungalows.
Neither have been named.
The alleged ‘biter’ fled the scene but was caught by Guardia Civil.
He will now face a judge in court for a private hearing.
Sources said the injured man had part of his left cheek missing.
A camp site receptionist, said: “They were on the terrace arguing and as they headed towards the bar, began to argue.
“Some children saw they were hitting each other and asked for help.
“The younger of the two men began to hit the other round the head, telling him to be quiet, and then he bit his face.
“When I arrived there was a piece of flesh on the floor and a large pool of blood.”
Police were initially told the victim, also British, had been attacked by a dog.
He was taken to A&E although his condition is not known.
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27