AN imam accused of making recruitment videos for the sick terrorist group ISIS can be extradited to Spain, a UK court has ruled.
Birmingham-based Tarik Chalioui, 43, is suspected of recruiting fighters for the war in Syria.
The alleged offences relate to two visits to Mallorca in 2014 and 2015.
Chalioui, from Sparkhill, had argued that extradition breached his human rights.
Westminster Magistrates’ Court was told that extradition would compromise the father of eight’s right to a family life under the European Convention on Human Rights.
But Chief Magistrate Emma Arbuthnot disagreed, saying Chadlioui’s family could receive benefits and seek help from his mosque.
“At worst, and I accept it might be a hardship, the oldest two children could go out and get jobs – they are 17 and 18 after all,” she said.
She added that Chadlioui’s wife was suffering from ‘understandable’ depression and anxiety with eight children to look after.
But the judge added: “It may be that she would find her life easier if she were to move back to Belgium with her family where they have lived for many years and where I assume they will be able to obtain the support of friends.”
Chadlioui was one of six people arrested across Europe on June 28 at the request of investigators in Mallorca.
The Moroccan-born Belgian national had protested his innocence.
Last month the court heard claims he had been an ‘anti-terrorist’ preacher for decades and that the videos are anti-jihadist in nature.
Chadlioui remains in custody and has seven days to apply for an appeal.
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36