MORE than 57 million tourists visited Spain up until August this year.
The figure is a 9.9% increase on the same period last year.
According to the National Institute of Statistics, 10.4 million foreign tourists came to the country in August alone, up 4% on 2016.
And Brexit hasn’t put off the Brits, with 13.2 million visiting between January and August, a rise of 7.8% on the same period last year.
The UK was followed by France, with about 8.4 million international tourists, an increase of 1.8%, and Germany, which grew by 7.2%, to 8.2 million visitors.
Catalunya was the most visited region in August, receiving 2.6 million visitors and accounting for 24.6% of all foreign tourists.
It was followed by the Balearics, which received 2.4 million foreign tourists – a 2.6% increase – and Andalucia, which attracted more than 1.4 million.
Andalucia saw the biggest increase in international tourists with 5% more coming than last year.
The figures mean Spain is on track to smash last year’s tourism record, which saw the country rake in more than €77 billion from the industry.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31