Portugal has been forced to ask for international help, as it is still trying to recover from its deadliest fire on record in June, which killed 64.
A state of emergency has been declared in almost half of the country, north of the Tagus river.
At least 36 people died in Portugal at the weekend and more than 50 were injured.
Three people died in Spain’s Galicia region – two of them women found inside a burnt-out car, the third a man in his 70s, was killed as he tried to save his farm animals.
Most of the fires in Galicia were started by arsonists, the head of the region Alberto Nunez Feijoo said in a radio interview.
Spain’s Interior Minister Juan Ignacio Zoido said some of those responsible had already been identified and face up to 20 years in jail if convicted.
At least one person was arrested in Portugal for allegedly starting a fire.
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37