Portugal has been forced to ask for international help, as it is still trying to recover from its deadliest fire on record in June, which killed 64.
A state of emergency has been declared in almost half of the country, north of the Tagus river.
At least 36 people died in Portugal at the weekend and more than 50 were injured.
Three people died in Spain’s Galicia region – two of them women found inside a burnt-out car, the third a man in his 70s, was killed as he tried to save his farm animals.
Most of the fires in Galicia were started by arsonists, the head of the region Alberto Nunez Feijoo said in a radio interview.
Spain’s Interior Minister Juan Ignacio Zoido said some of those responsible had already been identified and face up to 20 years in jail if convicted.
At least one person was arrested in Portugal for allegedly starting a fire.
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25