Cabin crew onboard the budget airline are said to have told passengers it is no longer deemed ‘essential’.
Pensioner Alan Woodward, 71, said he was shocked to discover there was no soap as he and wife Wendy, 64, flew home from Spain.
He told the Sun: “It’s frightening that people are expected to use the toilet and not wash their hands properly.
“One stewardess told me she now brings her own hand soap to work.”
Woodward, from Oxfordshire in the UK, said the plane from Alicante last Friday was a new Boeing 737-800.
He said the lack of soap was just the latest example of the Dublin-based carrier’s cost-cutting, which comes after Irish boss Michael O’Leary threatened to charge passengers for using toilets.
Woodward, an ex-British Airways cabin crew chief, added: “If it was a restaurant or a cafe, it would be shut down.”
Other passengers have reported similar no-soap situations.
Ian Harman? tweeted after a flight from Bratislava in Slovakia: “No soap in the toilets. Disgusting”
Meanwhile, Kay Leedham-Green claimed a Ryanair stewardess told her: “We no longer stock the toilets with soap.”
Ryanair has labelled the claims as ‘nonsense’ and said: “All our aircraft carry soap, which is replenished as required.”
- Manhunt underway after young woman ‘held down and raped in the street’ by ex-boyfriend and pals in Spain’s Sevilla - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 16:49
- Another swimmer dies off beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 15:22
- British expat pensioner brutally murdered near Spain’s Costa del Sol wanted to move closer to pals in Estepona following husband’s death - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 14:10
- RED ALERT: Warnings across Spain as temperatures to surpass 40C TODAY before scorcher along Costa del Sol on Friday - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- British expats in Spain would have ‘strong case’ to sue UK government in case of no-deal Brexit, MP warns - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 12:10
- IN PICS: Luxury lifestyle of Marbella expat couple accused of cocaine trafficking and money laundering as court orders €4 million seizure of assets - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Dead blue whale found floating in Marbella - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 10:39
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13