Do you remember the turbulent 60s? Do you remember when Viet Nam was two separate countries? Can you remember when absolutely no one cared how many miles or kilometres one got per gallon or per litre in one’s car? Can you remember when people actually were polite and at least pretended to listen to one another? If you answered yes to any or all of these, please give me a just a brief moment of your time.
Whatever we are called, Baby Boomers, Golden Agers, or just plain “Old Fogies”, I would not be surprised if you were simply tired of the seemingly never-ending attempts by companies to either get your attention or to sell you some product or service that you don’t really need.
Well, that is why three of us, living on three different continents, got together to try and do something that would be useful and informative just for those of us who do not comfortably fit into the labels thrust upon us by vendors and advertisers. So, we have started a website called The Silver Life – thesilverlife.com – which we aim to be a place where you can go to be informed, not sold.
We want to make this website a place where you can get relevant information on things pertinent, and even vital, to making your lives better for yourselves, and your loved ones. We will be writing original articles about ideas, hobbies, products, travel, entertainment, lifestyle, health, finances, and more, and we’ll be sounding off on events that get our attention. Each will be authored by folks who remember that there was a time when television was only in black and white and a calculator was called a slide rule – and every bit will be aimed at you: The Silver Lifer.
What we would like from you first of all, is to try us out – thesilverlife.com – and then tell others about us. But equally importantly, we would like your feedback and input – we want you to let us know what is important to you. We encourage you to write us “letters to the editor” to [email protected], recommend other articles or topics to us, and write articles for us to publish so other Silver Lifers can be informed.
So take a moment, look us up at thesilverlife.com and get informed, then join us by subscribing to our mailing list!
- Italian dynamo – one of the most-established chefs in Pollensa - 15 Jun, 2018 @ 18:10
- Estepona boasts two of the Costa del Golf’s founding courses, and a whole lot more - 4 May, 2018 @ 18:21
- Oh La La La Cala – Joffrey Charles is the true Gallic star of the coast - 8 Apr, 2018 @ 17:12
- Sherry House in Mijas has one of the biggest collection of sherries in the world - 7 Apr, 2018 @ 20:01
- Taste on a high – Mijas is fast developing a vibrant and exciting restaurant scene - 5 Apr, 2018 @ 19:47
- It’s been happy days since Guillermo Morillas opened his agency, Target Estates, in Mijas Pueblo - 4 Apr, 2018 @ 21:22
- Secret of success – the key restaurateurs of Mijas Pueblo - 3 Apr, 2018 @ 19:18
- Two Spanish sides to face English teams in the Champions League - 4 Jan, 2018 @ 16:56
- The three best casinos in Madrid - 4 Jan, 2018 @ 16:08
- You Could Win $690 Million in American Lottery Prizes This Weekend - 29 Dec, 2017 @ 13:30