After a record-breaking summer and blissful Indian summer, the province will finally see temperatures drop this weekend.
Saturday will have highs of 25, which will be quickly flipped on its head on Sunday, with a five degrees temperature drop and rain forecast.
The rain will only get worse on Monday, while temperatures will have a high of 17, according to AEMET.
The arrival of the rains is good news after a very dry autumn and with the announcement of a drought looming for January due to low reservoir levels.
The possibility of rain is 55% in the capital on Sunday and 85% on Monday, these figures are similar to the rest of the Costa del Sol.
The abrupt fall of temperatures by 8 degrees, which will leave us with a minimum of 13 degrees and maximum of 17 in the capital, will be especially intense in the interior, where the maximum predicted in Ronda and Antequera is around 15 and 14 degrees respectively.
In the highest areas of the province – around 1,800 metres above sea level – the snow will begin to fall, although it will still be limited.
Depending on how the temperatures evolve during the next week, it could bring more than expected.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14