A LORRY driver has died after crashing through roadside barriers at La Cala de Mijas after losing control of his vehicle.
The Moroccan driver, who was apparently transporting a cargo of tomatoes, then plunged down an embankment off the A-7, overturning onto the beach.
Firefighters attempted to free the driver from the vehicle but the Moroccan had already died from the injuries sustained.
“After falling down the precipice, he was captured inside the vehicle,” Manuel Morales, Mijas Fire Chief told the press.
“They tried to revive him after taking him out but were not successful.”
The tragic incident occurred near kilometre 202 on the coastal road, an area which is known as an accident blackspot.
A similar incident occurred in January of this year when another truck crashed through barriers on the same section of the road, crashing onto the rocks below.
On that occasion the driver survived.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33