AN Apple store in Spain has been evacuated after an iPhone exploded while being repaired. 

The battery exploded and started a fire in Valencia’s Calle Colon store yesterday, filling the top floor of the building with smoke.

The fire took hold at around 1.30pm and firefighters and police were called to the scene, although they did not have to intervene, as employees managed to air out the store by opening windows and smothering the battery with sand.

It is the second fire in two days that has been caused by a faulty iPhone battery, after a similar incident took place in Switzerland on Tuesday which left an employee with burns while several people needed medical assistance.

Many believe the two fires could be connected to Apple’s discounted replacement iPhone batteries in the wake of admitting it slows down iPhones with weaker batteries.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.