AN Apple store in Spain has been evacuated after an iPhone exploded while being repaired.
The battery exploded and started a fire in Valencia’s Calle Colon store yesterday, filling the top floor of the building with smoke.
The fire took hold at around 1.30pm and firefighters and police were called to the scene, although they did not have to intervene, as employees managed to air out the store by opening windows and smothering the battery with sand.
It is the second fire in two days that has been caused by a faulty iPhone battery, after a similar incident took place in Switzerland on Tuesday which left an employee with burns while several people needed medical assistance.
Many believe the two fires could be connected to Apple’s discounted replacement iPhone batteries in the wake of admitting it slows down iPhones with weaker batteries.
- ‘Paedo’ football coach facing 100 YEARS behind bars for allegedly abusing 25 children in British expat hotspot near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:12
- WATCH: Russian-backed ‘Mansions of Banus’ development part of €200 million portfolio penned for Marbella and Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:20
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05